How do I find this server

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Vibes, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Vibes

Vibes New Member

I made an account on this website and have the minecraft launcher. I dont know how to open minecraft from the launcher so I can find servers. Please tell me how I can get into minecraft

2. purplepigsfly

purplepigsfly Active Member

If you have not already you need to purchase minecraft and create an account. You can do this here: https://minecraft.net/en-us/ Once you have done so, and installed the game launcher. Open minecraft and login to your account. Hit play, then select multiplayer. Once here hit "Add Server" and type this "play.jailbreakmc.com" into the server IP section. From there you should be good to click and join! Hope to see you playing soon!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Williams

James Williams New Member

when i go on clicking join, it won't let me join the server, can you help me?

4. purplepigsfly

what error message does it give?

5. James Williams

connection was forcibly closed by remote host and then when i hover my mouse over the connection bars it says out of date

6. purplepigsfly

are you in 1.13? if so you need to save a new launch option. Close your minecraft and restart it. Before you hit play hit "Launch Options" on the top right ish. Then go down and hit "add new" and change the version to 1.12.2, then go back to the play menu and hit the little up arrow next to play. Change your minecraft to 1.12.2 and you're good to go. The server hasn't quite updated to 1.13 yet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. James Williams

i've only just got minecraft and seen a youtuber play it and thought it would be fun adn now i cant join and i don't know what to do

8. purplepigsfly

ahhh ok, since you just downloaded you are in 1.13, follow my instructions and it should resolve your problem! If you need any help with my previous post just ask!

9. James Williams

thanks if i cant get it to work i know i can ask you