Accepted MattTheOnlyOG Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Minecraft Username: MattTheOnlyOG
Ban Reason: Unapproved mod (Schematica)
Do you have any proof against what you are being accused of: I was accused of hacking. (The staff member never /freeze me, and confronted me because of a private message I sent to another player who just killed me "Darn, I guess my hacks weren't good enough xD")
Who were you banned by: Wmsr
Why do you believe you should be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned for multiple reasons. Wmsr was 'stalking' my private messages, and admitted that the private message I sent to another player was the reason he confronted me for hacking. At this point I am still not frozen (/freeze). I let him screenshare me because I know I am not hacking, and I am brand new to the server. I did everything wmsr told me to do without any hesitation. I complied with every order given by wmsr and was told he would get back with me in a bit after looking into a few of my folders. At this point I though I was good, and then I get banned for "Unapproved mod." He told me that schematica was an unapproved mod, but I didn't know this since the only link on discord was to the main server rules and discord rules. I think this was very picky as I haven't been on the server for 30+ minutes before I get banned for something that I didn't have access to through discord.
https://gyazo.com/8f49a870c28cb4d68de2021bed151e97
Here is a screenshot of the rules page at the time of the ban. No link to the list of approved and unapproved mods for those who only use discord.
I also want to add that schematica is in no way a harmful mod or a mod that you are capable of injecting into anymore. If it's not allowed, I could have simply taken out of my mods folder and put it back in after I launched minecraft. No proof in game that I was actually using schematica.

The main reason I am so angered over this whole thing is because a Moderator was spying on my private dms, and has no proof at all of me pvping and no reasonable suspicion to confront me for cheating. So if I logged on and said in public chat I'm hacking, i'd get frozen for hacking when I haven't even been in a fight (just a scenario). It's just so frustrating that inexperienced staff don't know when to freeze people and how to actually screenshare them.

Big thanks to wmsr for spying on my private messages. I bet the whole server would love to know that their private dms are being looked at by staff, and that anything you say to anyone else in a private message can be used as reasonable suspicion to confront the player and accuse them of cheating.

CaptainCrunchTG

Staff member
If you were reported for hacking and the report was accepted, screenshots of these must be included:

- .minecraft Folder
- Mods Folder
- Version Folder
- Resource Packs folder
- Recycle Bin
- Desktop

Please post the screenshots listed above, in this thread

It’s not the real labymod, it’s just the config I tried to edit. There’s no java file or launcher to it as you can see in all my other files and the desktop.

wmsr

Staff member
Alright, your ban will be reduced to 4 days. Note that reduced bans are not appealable and you will not be able to appeal if you are caught violating the rules again.

Have a good day!

Accepted, Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.