Prestige Mines

Okay so I know what you're all thinking. "Another guy beating a dead horse known as Prestige Mines", well yes that may be true but I think I can provide some valuable insight onto how Prestige Mines should work, and why they should work this way.

First off let's talk about how much Prestige Mines should cost. Since it is a Prestige perk, and the server has graciously given us a currency when getting to a Prestige rank it is only natural that the Prestige Mines should be a purchasable perk. I say around 7-8 Prestige Tokens would serve as a good starting ground for the first Prestige Mine.

Now some of you maybe wondering why do I say "first" mine? Well this is because I believe there should be MORE THAN ONE Prestige mine! And no, I do not mean make it like a regular mine where there's an A and a B mine like A,B,D,E,F, but rather different Prestige mines available at higher Prestige tiers. Now to a lot of inexperienced or newer players, this may seem irrational and overpowered, but I assure you this is necessary. Seeing as I am currently Prestige 4 it is getting pretty dang expensive to rank up to the next Prestige. So far prestige ranks go up 15mil per Prestige, so F4 - P1 = 20mil, and ever prestige after adds 15mil. This means my prestige cost now from P4 F4 - P5 is 80mil alone. That's 4x the amount Prestige 1 is! Isn't it kind of unfair that someone who's advanced this far still makes the same amount of money someone in Prestige 1 would? This is why we must have multiple Prestige mine tiers. Having a Prestige mine at access for anyone who hits Prestige 1 is fair, but for the more advanced players possibly releasing a higher tier Prestige Mine every 5 Prestiges would be a good first start. It could also be possible that after the first 5 Tiers (the 5th Prestige Mine Tier being unlocked at P20) they start releasing the mine tiers every 10 Prestiges. Each new tier within the first five tiers would cost the same as the first, 7-8 tokens. Once the tiers that come every 10 Prestiges start being released they could double the cost of each tier upgrade. The upgrades would bring you access to a new mine which you could warp to using the command /warp mine p1,p2,p3 depending on the tier you have reached. Like other mine warps you can access any previous tier mine you've purchased. Now that we've covered how the unlocking would work and why we need multiple tiers we can discuss balancing issues.

Having such high mining tiers would make certain players able to gain a great advantage over other players. This means they would better be able to control the economy, and dictate the prices of certain rarer items with a surplus of funds they could maintain over others. Although this may be true precautions could be taken to limit this. One of the biggest one would be balancing the mines out. Let's say you make an average of 50k per inventory in F just mining randomly. In the P1 mine you should only be able to make an average of 55k per inventory. This gradual increase would make a difference in the long run, but would limit the real advantage you would have over players. Of course if we take it at this interval by the time you hit Tier 5 you'd be making 150% more than the average F Mine Player, but considering that would be P20, this seems to be the best short term solution. Another issue concerning how much of an advantage you could gain is at what rank would you be able to access the Prestige mine? Since these mines are going to be better than the final rank F, it would not seem right to be able to access the P1 mine for instance at P1 A1. Granting access after the player has surpassed F Mine would be the most logical thing to do. Either when the Player hits F2, or possibly push it off until the player hits F4, then it will allow them to access their /warp mine p1 command.

(Edit #1) As you can see from the replies a lot of people think a multiplier would be better. Although I do agree with everyone on a multiplier being easier to implement, the problem with it is the fact that it would most likely be active in all mines. If it were disabled till you hit F2 or F4 then a multiplier would make sense. The other problem I see with a multiplier is the ability to abuse profit shops further. If you can sell certain items like ores for more than any other player it gives you the opportunity to make money easier without mining. This would be nice of course but I see this as being way too unbalanced.

Overall I believe these three points, Cost, Mine Tiers, and Balancing Issues, are what will determine how effective the implementation of not only Prestige Mines, but Prestiges themselves are on the economy and the longevity of the average players experiences on the server. Speaking from personal experience I can surely say without some sort of greater way to earn money, facing a steeper hill every time you prestige, it makes you lose interest in playing when you're stuck at the same tier as other players after spending so much time and effort trying to reach a higher rank. Adding a new mine would definitely spark some sort of creative light in me and motivate me to continue to play. Sorry to leave this thread on a kinda negative note, but I believe adding a personal account to this will help people better understand why it is so important that something be implemented. Until then I will be playing less and less, checking in on stuff but probably not playing on the daily. Hope to see things change soon (as I have heard some rumors), and I will be happy to come back and grind it out again.

P.S. - If I made any errors or you think of something to add on top of this please reply to this thread and I will gladly add it!

Last edited:

redpanda2430

Accustomed Inmate
Prestige mines have always seemed like an interesting concept to explore, however, there are and will be some large balance issues that will need to be considered and adressed first.

Pose

+1 I really like the idea of either a prestige multiplier or a prestige mine, although the multiplier is so much easier to implement

This idea is GREAT!!! i have been on the server for about a month now and i am in F1 and have over 20+ mill sitting here, just dont think its worth to prestige right now.. seems like the only goal im going for now it /bal top.. Defintly will make someone get bored of the server..

Ryan150

Accustomed Inmate
+1 I think this would be a great idea right now I have over 35mil laying around and dunno what to do with it, I don’t really want to prestige because there’s really not a point besides the tokens.

This idea is GREAT!!! i have been on the server for about a month now and i am in F1 and have over 20+ mill sitting here, just dont think its worth to prestige right now.. seems like the only goal im going for now it /bal top.. Defintly will make someone get bored of the server..
if you do decide to prestige, good luck! It's about 90mil to go from F1 - P1 F1 :p

Last edited:
Okay so I know what you're all thinking. "Another guy beating a dead horse known as Prestige Mines", well yes that may be true but I think I can provide some valuable insight onto how Prestige Mines should work, and why they should work this way.

First off let's talk about how much Prestige Mines should cost. Since it is a Prestige perk, and the server has graciously given us a currency when getting to a Prestige rank it is only natural that the Prestige Mines should be a purchasable perk. I say around 7-8 Prestige Tokens would serve as a good starting ground for the first Prestige Mine.

Now some of you maybe wondering why do I say "first" mine? Well this is because I believe there should be MORE THAN ONE Prestige mine! And no, I do not mean make it like a regular mine where there's an A and a B mine like A,B,D,E,F, but rather different Prestige mines available at higher Prestige tiers. Now to a lot of inexperienced or newer players, this may seem irrational and overpowered, but I assure you this is necessary. Seeing as I am currently Prestige 4 it is getting pretty dang expensive to rank up to the next Prestige. So far prestige ranks go up 15mil per Prestige, so F4 - P1 = 20mil, and ever prestige after adds 15mil. This means my prestige cost now from P4 F4 - P5 is 80mil alone. That's 4x the amount Prestige 1 is! Isn't it kind of unfair that someone who's advanced this far still makes the same amount of money someone in Prestige 1 would? This is why we must have multiple Prestige mine tiers. Having a Prestige mine at access for anyone who hits Prestige 1 is fair, but for the more advanced players possibly releasing a higher tier Prestige Mine every 5 Prestiges would be a good first start. It could also be possible that after the first 5 Tiers (the 5th Prestige Mine Tier being unlocked at P20) they start releasing the mine tiers every 10 Prestiges. Each new tier within the first five tiers would cost the same as the first, 7-8 tokens. Once the tiers that come every 10 Prestiges start being released they could double the cost of each tier upgrade. The upgrades would bring you access to a new mine which you could warp to using the command /warp mine p1,p2,p3 depending on the tier you have reached. Like other mine warps you can access any previous tier mine you've purchased. Now that we've covered how the unlocking would work and why we need multiple tiers we can discuss balancing issues.

Having such high mining tiers would make certain players able to gain a great advantage over other players. This means they would better be able to control the economy, and dictate the prices of certain rarer items with a surplus of funds they could maintain over others. Although this may be true precautions could be taken to limit this. One of the biggest one would be balancing the mines out. Let's say you make an average of 50k per inventory in F just mining randomly. In the P1 mine you should only be able to make an average of 55k per inventory. This gradual increase would make a difference in the long run, but would limit the real advantage you would have over players. Of course if we take it at this interval by the time you hit Tier 5 you'd be making 150% more than the average F Mine Player, but considering that would be P20, this seems to be the best short term solution. Another issue concerning how much of an advantage you could gain is at what rank would you be able to access the Prestige mine? Since these mines are going to be better than the final rank F, it would not seem right to be able to access the P1 mine for instance at P1 A1. Granting access after the player has surpassed F Mine would be the most logical thing to do. Either when the Player hits F2, or possibly push it off until the player hits F4, then it will allow them to access their /warp mine p1 command.

(Edit #1) As you can see from the replies a lot of people think a multiplier would be better. Although I do agree with everyone on a multiplier being easier to implement, the problem with it is the fact that it would most likely be active in all mines. If it were disabled till you hit F2 or F4 then a multiplier would make sense. The other problem I see with a multiplier is the ability to abuse profit shops further. If you can sell certain items like ores for more than any other player it gives you the opportunity to make money easier without mining. This would be nice of course but I see this as being way too unbalanced.

Overall I believe these three points, Cost, Mine Tiers, and Balancing Issues, are what will determine how effective the implementation of not only Prestige Mines, but Prestiges themselves are on the economy and the longevity of the average players experiences on the server. Speaking from personal experience I can surely say without some sort of greater way to earn money, facing a steeper hill every time you prestige, it makes you lose interest in playing when you're stuck at the same tier as other players after spending so much time and effort trying to reach a higher rank. Adding a new mine would definitely spark some sort of creative light in me and motivate me to continue to play. Sorry to leave this thread on a kinda negative note, but I believe adding a personal account to this will help people better understand why it is so important that something be implemented. Until then I will be playing less and less, checking in on stuff but probably not playing on the daily. Hope to see things change soon (as I have heard some rumors), and I will be happy to come back and grind it out again.

P.S. - If I made any errors or you think of something to add on top of this please reply to this thread and I will gladly add it!
Having prestige mines ruins the "prestige" system in general. The point of a prestige is to start from square one and go through the process of ranking up through the wards again. To a point this idea's already ruined by grinding in F1 and paying an alt however, having prestige mines makes the system of prestiging really just adding more wards. With the exception of advancements a prestige mine is exactly the same as adding more wards to the server. In my opinion somebody who's prestiged should make the same as any other player because nobody's forcing you to prestige and you already gain other perks such as sell all. The items in the token shop are already enough incentive to prestige as is. I don't think the current system is broken so don't fix it.

Having prestige mines ruins the "prestige" system in general. The point of a prestige is to start from square one and go through the process of ranking up through the wards again. To a point this idea's already ruined by grinding in F1 and paying an alt however, having prestige mines makes the system of prestiging really just adding more wards. With the exception of advancements a prestige mine is exactly the same as adding more wards to the server. In my opinion somebody who's prestiged should make the same as any other player because nobody's forcing you to prestige and you already gain other perks such as sell all. The items in the token shop are already enough incentive to prestige as is. I don't think the current system is broken so don't fix it.
You make a valid point, but when you're someone like me who's spent almost 500mil on ranks, you start to wonder. Is it fair that I make the same amount of money as someone who's ranked up to F1 by only spending 32mil, (like 18mil if you take away what you earn from advancements)? My next prestige cost is 80mil from F4 - P5, which is almost 4x more than what the average player spends to get to F. I do understand that it is like adding a new ward but that's what we need. The whole reason Prestiging is a thing is to get money out of the economy. If there weren't Prestiges, people would be just hoarding money, which ultimately ruins the economy. If they released a larger reward or incentive to prestiging there would be more reason in doing so. If you take 500mil and divide it by the current IRL rate average (~250k per USD), This means I could've amassed over 2k in Steam/Buycraft stuff if I chose to hoard cash. Which sounds more inviting, 2k in steam games, items, or buycraft? OR P4 with almost no rewards? Just putting this into perspective for ya, fun to have debates!