Should Vines Be Added To The Prisons?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _GM, Aug 1, 2018.

?

Do YOU think that vines should be added?

1. Yes!

20.0%
  2. Maybe

30.0%
  3. NO!

50.0%
  1. _GM

_GM New Member

Should Vines Be Added To Prisons?
    My Answer: I think that they should implement vines. They could do so by having vines be a part of your starting cell just like the cobweb. This fits in with the old worn down cell thing. Or an owner could give it to one player and that player could let it grow and sell it to other players because vines grow, but I think that the better idea is it should be a part of your starting cell or if you un-claim your cell. Shears can break vines no silk touch needed so it is possible to mine them without crystals
    You can make 3 items with vines:

1. Mossy Cobblestone
    2. Mossy Stone Brick
    3. Dyed Bordure Indented Banner

All three of these items are mainly for aesthetics and could make cells more beautiful. This addition wouldn't do anything detrimental to the server. It just adds a new feature to the game to improve peoples experiences.
    There would be people buying and selling this just like cacti therefor adding a new thing that could make people some money. Banner makers would love this because it allows you to make some of the most exquisite banners in the game.

Please Consider This Idea
    Comment if you have any other thoughts
    No Hate Pls :3

2. Miguel9738

Miguel9738 Member

Not sure how they would distribute the vines evenly. It would be unfair for one person to get a whole bunch and for them to jack up the prices. If you could somehow evely distribute them then it would work and would be a cool addition.

3. Novo

Novo Member

If i win the cell design competition im choosing vines, growing a couple stacks and creating a monopoly :p

4. purplepigsfly

purplepigsfly Active Member

Vines should not be included. The monopoly one player would have would be obsurd.

5. Novo

Novo Member

Honestly it wouldn’t be obsurd. The second one gets sold, then everyone has them because it’s so easy to make more. One player would only have a monopoly until they sell them and then the person they sell them to sells them for extremely cheap.

6. purplepigsfly

the problem is it would ruin the economy for other rares, like mossy stone which is already in the game.

7. Miguel9738

Miguel9738 Member

Keep in mind, they could be added if the person who wins the build comp picks vines. I made a post saying that they should be banned. Hopefully they don’t allow the winner to get vines.

8. Novo

Novo Member

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t allow it.

It is a rare, and if someone wants it they should be able to get it

9. purplepigsfly

Just to create a bit of an argument for the sake of it, my only problem with Vines being introduced is the fact that it renders certain other rare items worthless. For example Moss Stone, Moss Stone Bricks. If someone already has this item (like some do with moss stone) it wouldn't really be fair to have the value of that item just stripped like that.

10. Miguel9738

Miguel9738 Member

Although you are correct, it is a rare, I think that if someone wee to pick it, it would throw the economy completely off balance and would frustrate many. Whoever wins this could go from $0 to millions in just a couple days. I think it really isn’t necessary.

11. Novo

Novo Member

That's the risk with some rares, though. Other people can get rares. Just because people have them doesn't mean they are the sole owners of them. The minute a second rare (of the same kind in this sake) is introduced, the value is halved. There's no problem with this. That is natural and 100% part of the game.

This confuses me a little. 1 rare won't throw the economy "completely off balance" at all. If a person chooses a vine, they will only be able to sell 1 before someone starts selling 64 for $1000. If anyone is given a rare, whether they are in A or F, if they know what they are doing will gain millions. Doesn't matter if its bedrock, vines, name tags, saddles, whatever. A rare is a rare. There is nothing special about a vine that should prevent it from being introduced. Just because you can make other (current) rares doesn't mean it should not be allowed, and that point in this argument has no support.

Also, question for the both of you. Who do you know with moss stone and mossy stone bricks? I don't know anyone with them.