Taxes on the lottery. Why?

Miguel9738

Veteran Inmate
Now, in the real world, lottery taxes make sense. Someone needs to build our schools and protect us and we should need to pay a small price for that. But, on a Minecraft prison server? It doesn't add up. For those of you who don't do the lottery, after you win a coinflip or win the lottery, they charge (I believe) a 6% tax on anything you win. It is ridiculous. For me, I feel discouraged to use the lottery system. With a coinflip, I have a 50/50 chance of winning, and logically, I should win x2 as much if I win? Or if I have a 1/3 chance of winning I should win x3 as much? No. You lose 6% on that. To me, it seems like it's a lose-lose situation that doesn't even need to be there. That money isn't going anywhere and it's just being taken out of the economy. If there's a reason behind this please explain but otherwise, I just see no reason for the tax.

Now, in the real world, lottery taxes make sense. Someone needs to build our schools and protect us and we should need to pay a small price for that. But, on a Minecraft prison server? It doesn't add up. For those of you who don't do the lottery, after you win a coinflip or win the lottery, they charge (I believe) a 6% tax on anything you win. It is ridiculous. For me, I feel discouraged to use the lottery system. With a coinflip, I have a 50/50 chance of winning, and logically, I should win x2 as much if I win? Or if I have a 1/3 chance of winning I should win x3 as much? No. You lose 6% on that. To me, it seems like it's a lose-lose situation that doesn't even need to be there. That money isn't going anywhere and it's just being taken out of the economy. If there's a reason behind this please explain but otherwise, I just see no reason for the tax.
The wardens need to live their life too.